Thursday, August 4, 2011

August Newsletter and Riddle

Hello everybody!

The August Newsletter is now posted on the website. Check the 'Newsletter' page to read it there! Please comment and let us know what you like.

As part of the Newsletter, we are having a riddle competition of sorts. As can be read in the August Newsletter, there is a poem/riddle written by Felecia. In case anyone misses it, here it is again:

At first light, soft and sweet
You remind me of honeysuckle in the wind.
Small and minute, you sometimes go unnoticed.
Once in the spotlight of their eyes though,
They can’t help but breath in your sweet beauty.
And now you have my attention.

Changing with such ease
You are now mesmerizing.
Like the flames of a fire,
Or the rippling water of a stream;
I can’t keep my eyes away from you.
What a beautiful voice,
That speaks to my soul.

Now you have become so strong.
I can’t help but think of thunder-storm
Or a lion roar.
My heart beats as if it’s about to explode,
But yet my smile is broad.

You finally grow slow again,
Like a sea that that had raged but now is calm.
Tears find their way to my eyes.
Only now am I able to look away to the people all around me.
I see their calm and peaceful face
And realize that you are a gift from Yahuwah,
For being able to bring all these people to this place.

How can something be so beautiful,
But yet unseen?
How can you speak to me so deeply
Yet without uttering a word?

Finally you are gone.
No fingerprints are left,
No sign that you ever had existed,
Just the memory that ring in our minds.

Thank you,
Sweet gift from Yah.

-----------
The idea is to read this poem/riddle, and respond in some way. Let us know what you think it is by expressing yourself through some creative means. You may write a poem in response, a short story, draw a picture, paint a painting...whatever comes to mind for you to do. After you do that, please submit it to Felecia (felecia@youthforyhwh.org), and the responses will be shown on the website. Along with that, some of the best entries will be featured in the next newsletter. So we very much look forward to seeing everything that you guys create!
If you have any questions, please write to us or post it in the comments to this blog post.

Other than those two things, be sure to continue to check back to see new content and a new blog that should be up sometime early next week. See you then!

Jared
Y4Y Editor

No comments:

Post a Comment